[rules-users] is there any 'followed by' in Drools as we have in esper

Davide Sottara dsotty at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 08:11:53 EDT 2012

As Wolfgang pointed out, the fist and third pattern can be matched by the
same event, leading to your self-joined activations. I would add:

eventReq2 : EventRecord( id != $eventReq.id, ..... )

As for the reason why the "cross" join does not lead to an activation: could
you please post the "declare @event" too?
is timestamp assigned by Drools or by you, and/or are you linking the fusion
timestamp to that field? Given the activations you get, it seems that
Request2 is given a timestamp preceeding the timestamp of Request1. You
could write a debug rule that reacts to a single event and prints its
timestamp...

when EventRecord( $t : timeStamp ) then //print $t

Davide

p.s. the explicit check on the timestamp together with the use of "after"
seems a bit redundant...