[rules-users] please provide a rule for events timeout cases

skatta1986 shivaprasad_gdk at yahoo.co.in
Fri Apr 13 09:03:11 EDT 2012

Hi,

I would like to write a rule for events timeout case.

Consider the events EventRecord(type=EventRequest, id=1) and
EventRecord(type=EventResponse, id=1).
I have written rules (in .drl file) for correlting the event request with
event response.

Now I would like to write timeout case. Suppose
EventRecord(type=EventRequest, id=2) is not followed by its response. If we
doesn't recieve response within 10 seconds, then it is considered as timeout
case.
I tried to use timers but it doen't work as it is not allowing me write
inside when (LHS) pattern.

Is there any other way to find timeout cases?