[rules-users] SOAP rule invocation in droolsjbpm-integration-distribution-5.4.0.CR1

Oldrich Kotas okotas at trask.cz
Mon Apr 16 12:16:03 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am trying to invoke rules in the sample integration deployment from
drools-camel-server-5.4.0.CR1 release.

No matter what I keep sending to the endpoint, only following returns:

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
   <soap:Body>
      <soap:Fault>
         <faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode>
         <faultstring>org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapMessage cannot be cast
to java.lang.String</faultstring>
      </soap:Fault>
   </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

I have the server running on
http://localhost:8080/drools-camel-server-5.4.0.CR1/kservice/soap, the WSDL
downloads faultlessly. What is puzzling me, the very same request were
working in version 5.3. The deployment in regard of Camel is completely
intact with only chages whatsoever being specification of the Agent
knowledge-services.xml.

My sample request:
xmlns:soap="http://soap.jax.drools.org/">
   <soapenv:Header/>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <soap:execute>

         <soap:arg0>

                               </soap:arg0>
      </soap:execute>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

A side note: In 5.3.0.Final I have not succeed in making the Knowledge Agent
to sniff on Guvnor to get up-to-date packages therefore I tried last version
with the troubles reportedly repaired.

A side note 2: I have found in the drools-camel-server-5.4.0.CR1
documentation, chapter 3.3.1.2 a statement indicating the SOAP support is
not bundled in yet, is that correct or a remnant of some old version?
Citation: "If you want to have SOAP support you need to create your custom
Drools Policy, but it's going to be added in the next release."

Is there perhaps a fault in the camel/cxf configuration or the function is
just not implemented yet?

Help is very appreciated. Thank you,

Oldrich