[rules-users] Trying to make drools-debugging (Eclipse) work in "FIT for rules"

ingo_mytoys ingo.beyerlein at mytoys.de
Mon Apr 23 05:05:24 EDT 2012

Hi folks,
I'm happy that I recently discovered both the Eclipse debugging views for
Drools (working memory, agenda) and the FIT for rules framework. Since our
development project itself can't be tested as Drools-Application I'd like to
use FIT for acceptance-tests and debugging. Might be a smooth solution.

However, I don't manage to make drl-file-breakpoint-debugging work in the
fit-project, being run as Drools-application. It just won't stop the program
flow. With the parallelly installed drools-example-project however
everything works just fine.

Do you have an idea, what I might have to change in the project settings or
the code to get breakpoints work in the fit-project?

Facts for both, drools-examples and fit:
Eclipse Indigo
Drools 5.3.Final
Eclipse-Tools from Drools 5.4.BETA (because audit-view has a bug in 5.3)
Breakpoint is set only at then-part of rules :-)

Thanks a lot for your help!
Cu,
Ingo