[rules-users] Nested class, BRL and Java (error)

TonyN tony.n.nguyen at boeing.com
Mon Apr 23 09:12:27 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have nested classes in the domain model and I imported these nested
classes in order to use them in the guided editor.  Things are ok except
when one of the rule required a custom java function, then I would get an
error at 'build' package time (the error is 'not able to resolve
TcItem$Dataset').   I think the compiler didn't like the '$' in the list of
imported statements.  But if I don't import these nested classes, I won't be
able to use them in the guided editor.

I am new to Drools so I think there must be a way to be able to use nested
class (w/ '$') and custom java functions together.

Please advise.

I am using Guvnor 5.2 final.

Thanks.