[rules-users] Drools variables

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 11:54:18 EDT 2012

On 24/04/2012, skatta1986 <shivaprasad_gdk at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could you please answer my queries:
> 1. Can we create int variable inside LHS (when)? If yes please give me an
> example

You can bind a variable to a field, but I don't think you mean that.

A Number object can result from an "accumulate from" - see the Expert manual.

Otherwise: no.

> 2. I have a gobal variable which I want to use in timer(int : <variable> s)
> and also in after[0s, <variable> s)
>     timer is accepting global variable but after is giving error.
>
>     [74,200]: [ERR 102] Line 74:200 mismatched input 'after' in rule
> "EVENT_SUCCESS"
>     [0,0]: Parser returned a null Package
>
> Please help out me in this. I would like to use a global variable which can
> be changed at runtime.

Changes in global variables are not visible to the Engine; therefore
you cannot do what I think you intend to do.

The parameters for temporal operators must be literals.