[rules-users] Getting Error while using Drools 5.3.0

mkhan_rt54fde maliullah at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 17:30:37 EDT 2012

Hi,

My application works fine with Drools v 4.0.7. However, when I run my
application using Drools 5.3.0, I am getting the following error:

org.drools.rule.InvalidRulePackage: Evaluator '>' does not support type
'ValueType = 'String' : [Rule name='VIN required for newer vehicles']

	at org.drools.rule.Package.checkValidity(Package.java:478)
	at
org.drools.common.AbstractRuleBase.addPackages(AbstractRuleBase.java:481)
	at org.drools.reteoo.ReteooRuleBase.addPackages(ReteooRuleBase.java:458)
	at org.drools.reteoo.ReteooRuleBase.addPackage(ReteooRuleBase.java:465)

Here is the condition I am using in my .dsl file:

[condition][]request contains no VIN and the car was built after year
{value}=info: CarRulesInfo(quoteRequest.VIN == null, quoteRequest.modelyear
> 1982 )

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance.