[rules-users] Contains an object

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 09:58:28 EDT 2012

On 26/04/2012, gboro54 <gboro54 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to use contains with an object? i.e

Yes, but've got to follow Java's sytax rules (apart from using
additional operators).

> obj:Object(collection contains SubObject(string="TST",int=1))

The second operand isn't a valid Java expression.

Rather than being forced to use "from", consider inserting SubObjects as facts.

   $subobj: SubObject(string="TST",int=1)
   obj:Object(collection contains $subobj)

> I know you could do a from but we are writing a DSL and it would be great
> if
> I could accomplish something like this above

But using "from" can be accomplished with a DSL phrase as well.

-W