[rules-users] Using GUVNOR for FUSION RULES

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 10:52:09 EDT 2012

Sure.

   - Create "New Rule"

   - Add a condition (green + near "WHEN")

   - Select "From Entry Point"

   - Type "lowLevelSensorStream" into TextBox

   - Click on "click to add patterns..."

   - Select your Fact Type (see * below)

   - In "Over sliding window" ListBox select "Length"

   - Type "1" into the TextBox next to "Length".

* OK, so this is possibly where you're having problems.

In order for a Fact Type to be used with CEP it needs to be annotated as an
Event. This is how this can be accomplished:-

*If you have a Declarative Model
*

   - Open the Declarative Model

   - Select the Fact Type that should be an Event

   - Add an Annotation, name="role", key="value", value="event"

   - Save

*If you have a POJO Model*

   - Create a new Declarative Model

   - Add a Fact Type that matches the name of that in your JAR

   - Add an Annotation, name="role", key="value", value="event"

   - Save

Annotating your POJO is covered in the Drools Expert User Guide. You are
just using Guvnor to achieve what is required.

With kind regards,

Mike