[rules-users] help with designing / implementing a way for users to write their own rules

kurrent93 kurrent93 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 14:52:33 EST 2012

Dear drools experts

Can I get some ideas on how best to do the following.

I would like users of my app to be able to write their own rule(s). For
example, if Joe User buys an item that is more that $200 then he uses XYZ
shipping. If he does not select shipping the he uses ABC shipping.

More precisely, how can I offer the ability, using Guvnor, for the end user
to write a rule, that does not give him the ability to modify a rule
condition regaring user id. The example above, of coures, has a condition
that if user is 'Joe User'.

There are very many places in the app where users should be able to write
rules, so it would be nice to use (embed) guvnor, rather than writing a
special UI for each situation.

Any suggestions welcome.

Br
Anton