[rules-users] Where are JPA variablepersisters, in Drools 5.3?

dunnlow dunnlow at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 3 16:18:57 EST 2012

Using Drools 5.3, I'm trying to set up a statefull knowledgesession that
persists out to a database.  With all of the examples on nabble and the
documentation (Example 2.10. JPA configuration for StatefulKnowledgeSessions
http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.3.0.Final/droolsjbpm-introduction-docs/html_single/index.html)
seems like it should be straight forward enough.

However, in all of those examples, variablepersisters are configured that
are in the package org.drools.persistence.processinstance.persisters (like:

<drools:persister for-class="javax.persistence.Entity"
implementation="org.drools.persistence.processinstance.persisters.JPAVariablePersister"

I can't find that package anywhere in Drools 5.3 (or JBPM 5.2).  Can someone
PLEASE suggest where to find those classes/packages?

Is the documentation (above) incorrect/outdated?  If so, can someone point
me to a working example of JPA transactions configured via Spring.

Thanks very much!
-J