[rules-users] Rule Execution Monitoring

dunnlow dunnlow at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 3 16:59:06 EST 2012

I'm a noob - sorry if this is an oversimplification of your question - but
the way I debug most often is to just put a System.out.println(...) in the
rule (easy for me since I only currently have about a dozen rules and use a
template). I've also started to take to JMX monitoring (which i found out
about in the Developers Cookbook - like so far).  If you configure your
knowledgebase with mbeans enabled you can connect via JMX and see some
decent stats about the rules firing.  I configure my kbase in Spring, so I
just added
<drools:configuration>
   <drools:mbeans enabled="true">
</drools:configuration>

(and then added those couple of lines to enable JMX in the JVM.

Hope that helps,
-J