[rules-users] installation for drools

Davide Sottara dsotty at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 13:36:49 EST 2012

Drools would indeed be a good choice to implement the core logic of the
application,
but I doubt that it would be a matter of "simply" writing a few rules.
You'll be likely to
have some infrastructure (where would you get your data from? databases?
real-time
streams? web services?), then you'd need a data model and finally you'd have
choose the best model for your knowledge: rules, or workflows, or
constraints, or predictive models, ...

Drools can handle all of this, but definitely you should look into the
official documentation,
to become familiar with the tool, and then come back to discuss any
advanced/experimental
feature that you might like, if any.

Btw, if this is a research project, I'd be more than interested in learning
more.

Best,
Davide