[rules-users] limits on number of rules in Guvnor in a package, loaded in knowledge base

vadlam sreeram.vadlamudi at wellsfargo.com
Tue Feb 7 18:15:02 EST 2012

Nicolas,

after we run a build and we see that the heap has not been Garbage
collected, when we try run a second build, it crashes after a few minutes
because it does not have much memory to complete the build.

could it be the case that the package that gets built is getting stored and
not released unless the server is restarted?

what is the expectation around a package that has been built in Guvnor.

How long is it retained in Guvnor memory for subsequent access through a
URL?

The same rules get built in Guvnor 5.2 and memory is subsequently released
after the build.

so, it looks like there is some kind of leak happening ?

to contest my own theory, when a package which is smaller in size is built
in Guvnor 5.3, memory is released after the build.

I wonder what could be happening around that 80-85 heap threshold that is
causing memory to be held back.