[rules-users] [drools-planner] Use other rules engine?

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 04:38:28 EST 2012

Currently not directly, but if you want to try it, take a look at the
class SolutionDirector.

Since iLog JRules isn't open source, we can't make it part of our build
(as it will require non-free libraries to build),
but you're free to host that integration code a separate github project
and we can link to it.

Supporting Java score calculation, as an alternative to Drools score
calculation, is on the roadmap:
   https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-3367

Note that our Red Hat consultants have much experience migrating from
iLog JRules to Drools (BRMS).
So if you're open to that or just want to know what the options are,
contact our BRMS representatives for more information:
   https://engage.redhat.com/forms/jboss-brms-contact-sales

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet