[rules-users] Performance scaling with fact insertion

zstlaw zstlawre at akamai.com
Fri Feb 10 13:44:59 EST 2012

I just ran the test with non-Identical insertions and performance was as I
stated before.  (The identical insertions were due to me trying to simplify
the example to fit better in a forum post. My initial tests were more robust
than the examples I posted.  (Alerts were external objects having unique ids
and db representation, db persistance and other non-rule times were excluded
from my statistics.  I just tried to make objects simple for the forum
discussion of performance)

I currently run rules in batches via runAllRules because my previous
performance tests had runAllRules running in a separate thread outperforming
runUntilHalt.  I have not repeated that test recently and it may no longer
be true.  I will try to check that again if time allows.  Either way the
unit tests use runAllRules because it allows for testing from a known state
to another known state with detailed tracking of time involved required by
the rule processing.