[rules-users] Failed to get rules from Guvor after apply Security using Tomcat and JAAS

mujoko mujoko mujoko.mujoko at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 00:46:12 EST 2012

Dear Rules Users,

Previously, I use guvnor with no security.
Now, my boss wants me to apply security on guvnor.

The way I implement is use this link
http://ngjweb.wordpress.com/2011/12/07/drools-guvnor-manage-access-part-2/

which is using realm of tomcat and create a table is the system for guvnor
user.
I tested from browser, the security is working fine even more than 10 users
access concurrently.

But when my application access the guvnor and try to create the knowledge
base. It's becoming intermittent.
After several time access the guvnor, the guvnor is hang/can not access
even from browser.

Here is the exception I got

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP
response code: 401 for URL:
http://localhost:9090/guvnor/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/package/com.rbtsb.tm.meter/meter-internet/Dro
pCDR-LocalcallWithBRemarks.drl
at
org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilder.addKnowledgeResource(PackageBuilder.java:692)
        at
org.drools.builder.impl.KnowledgeBuilderImpl.add(KnowledgeBuilderImpl.java:37

The way our app access the guvnor after apply security is as below.
Snipped Code

                UrlResource urlResource = (UrlResource)
ResourceFactory.newUrlResource(ruleUrl);
                urlResource.setBasicAuthentication("enabled");
                urlResource.setUsername("admin");
                urlResource.setPassword("admin");
builder.add(urlResource,ResourceType.DRL);

--
Mujoko
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mujoko