[rules-users] Declared model and drools.agent.newInstance

Juanker Atina juankera at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 06:25:13 EST 2012

Hi there,

I want to work with declared facts, inside drl file, but when i set
drools.agent.newInstance
property to false, it seems that drools won't work with this specific fact.

My code stops working when i put this two lines,

KnowledgeAgentConfiguration aconf =
KnowledgeAgentFactory.newKnowledgeAgentConfiguration();
aconf.setProperty("drools.agent.newInstance", "false");

And it works fine when i remove these lines.

So, I've read that this property is related to new instances of
KnowledgeBase when resources changes...

c&p from: http://grepcode.com/file/repository.jboss.org/maven2/org.drools/
drools-api/5.0.0.M4/org/drools/agent/KnowledgeAgentFactory.java

*aconf.setProperty( "drools.agent.newInstance",
                          "true" ); // resource changes results in a new
instance of the KnowledgeBase being built,
                                    // this cannot currently be set to
false for incremental building*

Hence, why is this property changing the behaviour of the rules?

(See this thread too,
http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/rules-users-Truth-maintenance-and-RHS-variables-tt3722632.html#a3731857
)