[rules-users] [rules-dev] Drools 5.4.0.Beta2 released

Andrew Waterman awaterma at ecosur.mx
Tue Feb 21 13:27:08 EST 2012

Hey Toni,

What's the recommended comment type now for DRL files?

> 3.1.2.4. Usage of '#' for commenting will be dropped in 5.4.0.Final
>
> This feature hasn't been documented, but writing comments with '#' is currently possible. This feature will be dropped before 5.4.0.Final.

Also, it looks like Java Generics (even when not used in a where clause) are breaking DRL compilation since 5.3.

E.g.:

when
	C$ : Cheese (type == "Stilton")
then
	Set<Ingredient> ingredients = C$.getIngredients();
end

Where Cheese.getIngredients() returns the Java Generic collection:  Set<Ingredient>.

I haven't seen a bug logged on this in your JIRA, but I may have note searched deeply enough.

best wishes,

Andrew