[rules-users] Indexing possible when implementing comparable interface ?

FrankVhh frank.vanhoenshoven at agserv.eu
Wed Feb 22 02:27:56 EST 2012

Hi all,

Suppose I implement the comparable interface to my objects and overwrite the
compareTo method. This would allow me to use the common operators to
evaluate my objects in LHS of a rule.

But does this also allow the rule engine to index the results or is it just
translated behind the scenes to an eval statement?

Would there be any theoretical performance improvement?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Frank