[rules-users] Loading rules performance problem in 5.4.0.Beta2 compare to 5.0.1

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Thu Feb 23 00:22:58 EST 2012

On 23/02/2012 03:29, erolagnab wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm planning to upgrade to Drools 5.4.0.Beta2 from 5.0.1.
> However when testing the performance w.r.t rules loading, 5.4.0.Beta2 is not
> only much slower (50% slower) but also eats more memory compare to 5.0.1.
>
> Is it something expected from 5.4.0.Beta2 to compensate other
> fixes/features?
5.4 has a significantly more power which makes the build process more
complex and thus slower. However we've never actually profiled the build
process to attempt to improve it's performance or reduce memory. We
won't get around to improving those for 5.4, but we will address it as
some point in the future, I know that Mario is itching to get parallel
rule building :) As always code contributions are welcome :)

Mark