[rules-users] How to create a drl file or decision table dynamically?

shawn youngxiao121 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 26 13:42:11 EST 2012

Thank your for your reply~
I am developing the Identity and Access management. I have finished the
basic requirement, but the pre-condition part is what I am doing. The
website sends the pre-condition(like what IP address or the time period can
user access) that user sets. The pre-conditions are what I mentioned
(expression). The difficulty is one expression may consist of several
pre-conditions and every condition may be related to different rules.

So here is the problem, how to verify users' authorization based on the
expression which contains many operators("AND", "OR"). The number of "AND",
"OR" in the expression are set by users. This is why I thought to create a
rule file for each expression when the expression is created. In this case,
I won't bother how many "AND", "OR" a  expression contains.
By the way, I also thought about parsing the expression in Java, then
inserting every single condition into working memory. But it seems Drool can
not be fully used in this way. Because it only looks like a if-else
block....

Do you have any other solution for this requirement?
Cheers

laune wrote