[rules-users] Drools facts using POJO accessor methods error

aliosha79 alex_orl1079 at yahoo.it
Mon Feb 27 06:26:10 EST 2012

Hi,
i have some troubles to undestand how drools processes FACTS. I have a POJO
class resulted from an UnMarshal jaxb processing like this:

public MyClass {

protected String className = "Class1";

public getClassName(){
        return className;
}

public setClassName(String className){
        this.className = className
}

}

Now i have to compose a drl file with a rule like this:

when
        $Class : MyClass()
        eval ($Class.getClassName() == "Class1")
then
        System.out.println("ok!!!");
end

This syntax doesn't rise errors BUT doesn't match the real name... no ok
message are printed.

when
        $Class : MyClass (getClassName() == "Class1")
then
        System.out.println("ok!!!");
end

This syntax raises me a null pointer exception!!!

What's the right syntax?
Can i use the accessor methods building drools facts?
Thanks a lot!