[rules-users] Drools Guvnor 5.0.1 - Memory Usage Tuning

tdakanalis tdakanalis at cytech.gr
Wed Feb 29 03:38:27 EST 2012

Hi,

We're using Drools Guvnor 5.0.1 in a production environment, running on
Tomcat 6.  We're experiencing permgen issues, particularly when doing large
imports of rules, archiving, or compilation of rules.

Following permgen exceptions, we increased the permgen to :
-XX:MaxPermSize=2048M -ms3192M -mx3192M.

This sustained us for a while, but our assets are ever growing, and again
we're exceeding the permgen space allocated.  Can someone recommend
appropriate settings/configuration in order to reduce the memory/cpu usage?

Assets in Guvnor:
~ 21K rules in 11 decision tables (.xls) in 1 package

Thanks,

Themistoklis Dakanalis