[rules-users] drools-spring schema issues

Stephen Masters stephen.masters at me.com
Thu Jan 5 10:37:21 EST 2012

Hi folks,

According to the integration docs:
http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.3.0.Final/droolsjbpm-integration-docs/html_single/

... 3.3.1.3 shows the location of the schema to be:
http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring.xsd

Unfortunately, that seems to redirect me to the Drools home page rather than a schema.

I have previously been using:
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/labs/labs/jbossrules/trunk/drools-container/drools-spring/src/main/resources/org/drools/container/spring/drools-spring-1.0.0.xsd

... but this doesn't support <drools:agendaEventListener> as a child of the <drools:ksession> element. Neither does it support <drools:eventListeners> at the level above. I was hoping to be able to make use of these, as they look as though they should help me to rid myself of some code.

I did notice that there are 1.1.0 and 1.2.0 versions of the drools-spring schema, but neither of those supports this either. I'm generally unclear as to which I should be using.

So I guess I have two questions really...

Are these valid configuration elements to use? i.e. Is the documentation out of date? Are they still beta?
Assuming that they should be available, what schema location should I be using?

Many thanks for any pointers you can provide.

Steve