[rules-users] Rules, database and flow in JBRMS

kachaps4u kachanAnidharan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 10:55:00 EST 2012

I have this one scenario where the rules need to look on to a database and
see whether it matches the zipcode, state and whether that region is
eligible to do some actions. Now my BRMS is having its default repository. I
was using rule templates to show the demo with 3 states.

In the real scenario, I would need to have a larger database checking all
the requirements. My Project is having a xml database outside for user data
persistence and will be using oracle 11 g for business rules and
process(JBRMS, JBPM).

-Now where shuld I need to create the database for checking these rules?
-I assume that would be Oracle. But then where would i write the queries to
do it?
-If not should I call a java method searching in the xml database?

In my scenario, rule has to change the value of the variable and this
variable should will be input of the next rule. I was doing with uploaded
POJO JARs and the variable wasn't getting updated when each rule was fired
(i used salience to put priority) when given the URI for the resource in the
ESB. So I build the package with built in selector and created snapshots to
provide different URIs when this situation comes. It was working then.

- How can I put the rule flow in to it so that i dont want do this?

I was trying to upload .rf file but was unsuccessful. I read about the id
and rule flow group. But my upload rule flow is blank inside BRMS.

- what should i do to connect my rules to this flow?

Please help me.. thanks