[rules-users] Insert and Retract from drools server in one call?

dunnlow dunnlow at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 13 16:16:59 EST 2012

Hi. I've got a stateful session running in drools-server.  A separate client
is inserting facts using a batchexecutioncommand and reading/using the
result returned from the service call.  I need a stateful session because
when I insert the facts from the client, some of the rules that trigger
insert new facts.  However, once those main facts are inserted, and the
relevant rules fire, the initial facts can be retracted.

Can anyone tell me the best way to do this.  Basically, I'd like to do
something like an insertLogical (I suppose) to the server so that the fact
is retracted once all the rules have fired.

I realize I can get the facthandle from the result and then send another
command to retract that fact handle.  However, this means two calls to the
server for every event; I'd like to make this happen in a single call.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
-J