[rules-users] Rules for generating calendar events

Sverker Abrahamsson sverker at abrahamsson.com
Mon Jan 16 11:03:45 EST 2012

Hi Wolfgang

Well, to be more specific the resources are taxi cars. Each taxi has their
pre-defined shifts when they should be operating, then the drivers can sign
up for which shifts they want to work.

What I want to accomplish is to have a set of rules or formulas in a human
readable syntax which at beginning of each month generate these shifts. The
input to the rule/formula could e.g. be to iterate over the dates of the
month something like this:

Rule for shift: Every Monday 8-17

Input: Iterate over the dates of February 2012

Output: Shift (2012-02-06 8-17), Shift (2012-02-13 8-17), Shift (2012-02-20
8-17), Shift (2012-02-27 8-17)

Would this be suitable to implement with drools or do you have a suggestion
for a more appropriate tool?

Best regards

Sverker