[rules-users] jBPM 5.2 and Drools 5.3

gboro54 gboro54 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 15:24:16 EST 2012

I am working with jBPM  for the first time since it was rewritten based on
Drools flow. I have a set up rules(separated with rule rule flow groups),
which need to be executed at different part of a process.  If I just start
the process as such(with parameters)

		ProcessInstance processInstance = this.session.startProcess(
				"com.sample.process", vars);

My rules are ignored. The only thing I can do is insert the objects into
session then do the following:

		ProcessInstance processInstance = this.session.startProcess(
				"com.nasdaq.billing.core", vars);

		session.fireAllRules();

Is this the correct way to handle this or am I missing something(the
documentation is lacking in this area).