[rules-users] Counting Number of Items in NESTED LIST

aliosha79 alex_orl1079 at yahoo.it
Fri Jul 20 06:22:06 EDT 2012

I have this use case: an Order can contain one or more items... each item is
characterized by one or more measures. They are described by this simple
pojo class.

public class Order{

     protected List<Item> itemList;

     public void   setItemList (List<Item> itemList) { ... }
     public List<Item> getItemList() { ... }
}

public class Item {

     protected List<Measure> measureList;

     public void   setMeasureList (List<Measure> measureList) { ... }
     public List<Measure> getMeasureList() { ... }
}

public class Measure {

     protected int measure;

     public    getMeasure() { ... }
     public    setMeasure() { ... }
}

Supposing i have in my Working Memory an Order containing 2 items. The first
item contains 5 measures, the second one instead contains 12 Measures.
I'd like to write a rule using MVEL (for the assumptions), specifying

WHEN each ITEM has more than 11 measures THEN system.out.println ("order is
valid");

How can i write the assumption? It's important to use MVEL ... (is it
necessary to use accumulate? from? or what?)
Really thanks.