[rules-users] [planner] getBestSolution not returning the correct Solution?

Charles hiicharles at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 22:25:04 EDT 2012

1. Thank you for pointing out the problem.
This made me look into Solution file and found the different of
getProblemFacts() with Example.
Updated it and now it return the result correctly.

Old implementation for 5.3.0:
public Collection<Material> getProblemFacts() {
	return this.materials;
}

New implementation for 5.4.0:
public Collection<? extends Object> getProblemFacts() {
	List facts = new ArrayList();
	facts.addAll( this.materials );
	// Do not add the planning entity's (serviceRequests) because that will be
done automatically
	return facts;
}

2. Question about the cloneSolution.

I have 3 properties in my Solution implementation.
ArrayList<Material> materials; // Problem Facts
ArrayList<ServiceRequest> serviceRequests;  // Planning Entities
SimpleScore score;

In example, I noticed that Planning Entity is cloned but Problem Facts is
not cloned.
Why problem facts not cloned?