[rules-users] Does Guvnor Support Traits?

BenjaminWolfe benjamin.e.wolfe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 17:33:47 EDT 2012

Sure.

So if I did author rules in Guvnor using traits, I would (1) write a
technical rule to declare the trait, (2) write a technical rule to don that
trait given whatever LHS pattern, and (3) write another technical rule to
make use of the trait in a useful way -- all of which I would do without a
GUI, but that's OK if I can handle some rules syntax.  Did I get that right?

Also, when I run test cases will Guvnor know what to do with the traits?
(My hunch is yes, because the stuff behind the scenes is all the same.)

Lastly -- again I'm a greenhorn -- does experimental mean you might abandon
the feature, or just that it might need honing?

By the way, in the etiquette, it just means not to send entire messages just
to say "Thanks," right?  I mean it's not just that programmers are so cranky
they don't want you to be nice? :D