[rules-users] Future events

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 02:52:51 EDT 2012

You shouldn't base a streamed CEP application on time stamps dealt out
by various systems with clocks that aren't properly synchronized using
NTP or whatever. If your data doesn't conform to the very reasonable
premises of some system, your application will have to handle that.
(You can't tell the engineer to start the train just because your
clock is fast, right?)

window:time is based on the notion of CEP in real time, and the clock
of the machine running the engine reads, by definition, true Time. But
you can run the engine in cloud mode and reason over arbitrary
intervals, e.g., by inserting Inverval facts. True, you won't have
window:x any more, but from/accumulate and from/collect should
suffice.

-W