[rules-users] Doubt when modifying facts on an action

Zeta zoraidahidalgo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 08:26:21 EDT 2012

Hi all,

my spreedsheet received 4 facts. I need all of them to check conditions but
not all of them are used in all rules. There are some rules that modify a
fact which is not used in any of the conditions and thus, it is not
"declared" on the left side of the rule.

Let me show you an example:

                    CONDITION         CONDITION         ACTION
                    Customer c           Tariff t
                    name                     value
customer.setOffer($param)

RULE1         "pepe"                    5                         "lot of
offers"
RULE2                                      100                      "lot of
offers"

When I try to compile this, I get a compilation error:

[ERROR] | 2012-03-14 17:21:30,238 |
es....ruleengine.impl.RuleEngineUpgradeImpl[RuleEngineUpgradeImpl.java:117]
| Rule Compilation error customer cannot be resolved
customer cannot be resolved

Any suggestion please?
Thanks,
Zoraida.-