[rules-users] Metadata in Guvnor-created rules

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 18:02:35 EDT 2012

The "Metadata" under the "Attributes" tab is stored in the JCR repository
and does not form part of the KnowledgeBase.

You can add metadata that is part of the KnowledgeBase using using the
"Show options" at the bottom of the Guided Rule Editor and adding metadata.

This metadata appears in rules as (for example) @mymetadata and AFAIK is
part of the rule metadata accessible from the droolsjbpm-knowledge API.

Unfortunately there is no way to link the two; however it is a reasonably
simple requirement and I'll happily mentor you to help with a Pull Request.

With kind regards,

Mike