[rules-users] Doubt when modifying facts on an action

vadlam sreeram.vadlamudi at wellsfargo.com
Tue Mar 20 17:17:48 EDT 2012

when we had a similar need, we specified a condition pattern something like
Customer(nonnullfield!=null) in order to use that in the action part.

however, the updates done in the action part were not visible to subsequent
rules in the ruleflow.

so, we had to getObjects and insert the updated Customer back into the
rulessession for the other rules to see the updated values.

the other option that might have worked ( we did not try it) would be to
specify modify in the action part