[rules-users] fireUntilHalt is doing busy wait and consuming 100% of one CPU core

prashant.badhe prashant.badhe at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 00:31:07 EDT 2012

Observed this on Drools 5.1.1 final when fireUntilHalt() is used.

The issue is reported as 'Resolved' in post:
"https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-2756" in Drools 5.2.0 M1.

So tried the same on Drools 5.2.0 final & 5.2.0 M1. Also when I try to make
the recommended code changes in drools-core in Jira-2756, the issue seems to
me as not fixed. In all these cases, the system consumes 100% resources of
one CPU core.

Please let me know does this issue is resolved or not in the latter versions
of Drools?

-Prashant Badhe