[rules-users] Performance gain by upgrading Drools Expert from 5.1 to 5.3

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Wed Mar 21 16:36:39 EDT 2012

On 21/03/2012 20:32, womuji wrote:
> We recently upgrade our Drools Expert from 5.1 to 5.3, expecting big
> performance gain. But from the tests we done so far, the result is
> mixed at best. Is this common or there is sth we can fine-tune the
> system? All time is in milliseconds. Thanks
In Drools 5.2 the only performance work was for lazy truth maintenance

5.3 brought some improvements for MVEL integration, particularly
compilation. But it would offer only minor improvements.

This is all covered in the release notes:
http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.4.0.Beta2/droolsjbpm-introduction-docs/html/releaseNotes.html

Mark