[rules-users] Setting strictTyping/strongTyping modes

barnesjd barnesjd+nabble at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 17:23:33 EDT 2012

Any ideas?  I have the same issue.  That is, the parser believes the
functions I declare are part of the KnowledgeHelper class instead of the
rule set.  Hence it cannot be found:

/
KnowledgeBuilder has errors...
Unable to Analyse Expression m = Pattern.compile("(?s)(?i).*?(\\S+) rounds,
each for time.*?").matcher($b.text);
      m.find();
      count = this.englishToInt(m.group(1).toLowerCase());
      $b.scoreTemplate = BattleScoreTemplate.forMultiple("TIME",
"battleScore.time.multi.label", count);
      drools.update($b);:
[Error: unable to resolve method using strict-mode:
org.drools.spi.KnowledgeHelper.englishToInt(java.lang.String)]
[Near : {... count = this.englishToInt(m.group(1).toLowe ....}]/
                          ^

Joe