[rules-users] Reusing a Solution in Drools Planner

pkaf frank at kaiser.de
Fri May 4 12:05:48 EDT 2012

Hi there,

I am trying to use Drools Planner for a problem where I permanently have to
recalculate a solution
in reaction to external events which change the fact model.

A first trial run shows that Drools Planner needs to much time to find a
solution, even when using
FIRST_FIT algorithm.

My question is this: Can I reuse a solution which I found in a previous run
of drools planner supposing
the only difference is a small change in the fact model data? The goal here
is of course to speed up the
search for next solution.

I have read the chapter 12 about repeated planning, but gained not much
insight how to do it actually.

Regards,

   Frank