[rules-users] getting list of broken constraints for some solution(NOT BEST SOLUTION) in drools-planner

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Sat May 5 05:35:53 EDT 2012

Op 05-05-12 08:50, Nurlan schreef:
> Hi guys!
> I'm using drools-planner-*5.4.0.CR1*...
>
> Let's say I have some solution(NOT FINAL BEST SOLUTION) which done by human
> manually and I want get list of broken contraints for that solution, I've
> tried
>
> 	this.scoreDirector.setWorkingSolution(someSolution);
> 	this.scoreDirector.calculateScore();
Something like that should work. For the exact correct usage, see the
new section for the 5.4.0.Final manual:

https://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/view/Drools%20jBPM/job/drools-planner/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/drools-planner-docs/target/docbook/publish/en-US/html_single/index.html#d0e3786
It should never return null. I do in the examples all the time.

There is a point though, that the code above still requires the creation
of a Solver (but it doesn't you to actually run it):

ScoreDirectorFactory  scoreDirectorFactory=  solverFactory.buildSolver().getScoreDirectorFactory();
ScoreDirector  guiScoreDirector=  scoreDirectorFactory.buildScoreDirector();
guiScoreDirector.setWorkingSolution(solution);
Score  score=  guiScoreDirector.calculateScore();

Feel free to make a jira if you agree that it shouldn't be needed to do
a ".buildSolver()" in that code.

> it returns *null* since it isn't connected with Solver
>
> then I've tried using Solver with
> <termination><maximumStepCount>0</maximumStepCount></termination>:
> 	this.scoreDirector.setWorkingSolution(someSolution);
> 	this.solver.setPlanningProblem(this.scoreDirector.getWorkingSolution());
>
> 	this.solver.solve();
>
> 	this.scoreDirector.setWorkingSolution(this.solver.getBestSolution());
> 	this.scoreDirector.calculateScore();
>
> then it shows *java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException* because there is no
> best solution in Solver
>
> java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: StepCountTermination can only be
> used for phase termination.
> 	at
> org.drools.planner.core.termination.StepCountTermination.isSolverTerminated(StepCountTermination.java:40)
> 	at
> org.drools.planner.core.termination.OrCompositeTermination.isSolverTerminated(OrCompositeTermination.java:42)
> 	at
> org.drools.planner.core.solver.DefaultSolver.runSolverPhases(DefaultSolver.java:181)
> 	at
> org.drools.planner.core.solver.DefaultSolver.solve(DefaultSolver.java:151)
>

> how can implement this task? or I have to implement setBestSolution in
> Solver, i think this is bad idea...
bad idea indeed

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet