[rules-users] Ws-Policy and drools rules

FILIPPO AGAZZI filippo.agazzi at studenti.unipr.it
Mon May 7 12:30:07 EDT 2012

Hi Davide,
thank you very much for your suggestions. I'm very pleased to see that you
find interesting this topic..i have to think about the possibility to come
there to discuss about this, cause i'm really really busy between thesis
and job. But i'm interested and i'll think about it, and i'll write you a
mail about this in the next days. I'm sorry to disturb you again, but i
need to ask you some technical details, because i need to go on with my
thesis work...

You suggest use of rule template, i read about this, but my doubt are:

- i find examples (http://planet.jboss.org/post/drools_rule_templates),
where data is taken from a spreadsheet and then used to generate rules,
from the rule template. I see that particular instructions are used, such
as *@{row.rowNumber},* that i think can be used only with data stored in a
row-column format. So this example can't help me about data from xml. But i
read that rule template can be used with generals data format, but i can't
find anything from which i can start about xml data...can you help me in
some way? Any example or web resourse?
- i'm confusing about the translator: if i use rule template, i need a
tranlsator too? Or is it an alternative? I think that is an alternative,
because if i translate xml with an xsl stylesheet, i can otbtain directly
the rules, without using rule template..is it correct, or i need translator
also if i use rule template, and generate rules from xml data?

Thanks in advance,
Filippo