[rules-users] Guvnor - support for custom file extensions

anchi harijana at ovi.com
Tue May 8 04:04:16 EDT 2012

Hi!

I need to extend Guvnor to support custom file extensions for BPMN
processes. So instead of using "/.bpmn/" or "/.bpmn2/" we need to use our
own file extensions. At the moment Guvnor just assumes them the to be /Other
assets/ and ignores them when building a package.

I plan to change Guvnor source to achieve this. I would appreciate if I get
some guidelines from dev-team, what classes do I have to change. Since you
have recently been adding support for "/.bpmn2/" extension, I guess you
could give me some hints.
I found out that I have to add my extensions to
/org.drools.guvnor.client.common.AssetFormats/, change
/org.drools.guvnor.server.builder.AssetItemValidator/ and
/org.drools.guvnor.server.verification.AssetVerifier/ . Is there something
else?

Thanks!