[rules-users] Is there a faster way of doing this in Drools ?

Vincent LEGENDRE vincent.legendre at eurodecision.com
Wed May 9 14:35:06 EDT 2012

And I did not see all pending posts ...

By reading them, there is another fact that lead to "don't use drools".
You said that you query a distant DB. So, if you write rules to filter your data, you will have first to get ALL data from your distant DB, add ALL data in the drools WM, and only then fire rules on them to filter the data and get only a subset of them.

To me (my opinion), it is an anti-pattern. Filtering a large amount of data and return only a subset of them is the database job.

Oh, yes, you intend to do complex rules that cannot be set as SQL like syntax ...
You should think of cutting you system in two, by making each tool doing what it is designed for :
   - use SQL like for basic filtering, by sending the query to the distant DB and thus getting ONLY the data needed
   - make drools running of this subset of data to implement more complex things