[rules-users] Multiple DRL for one Package

Vincent LEGENDRE vincent.legendre at eurodecision.com
Fri May 11 12:29:07 EDT 2012

I think that RETE is stored in kbase, and kPackage contains only some kind of AST for rules.
So adding some rules (of same package or not) in a kbase (or a kbuilder) don't use the origin ..
And mroe than that, I am pretty sure that rules are shared in RETE even if they are from different packages (this way the RETE can share more patterns and improve propagation). But I am not a DEV guy, so all of the previous is only my own conclusions.

When you do that, using your kbuilder, does the kbuilder return 1 or 2 knowledgePackage ?
And anyway, why does it matters ? The rules should work as if they were in a single file (no matter if the RETE is partionned or not).
Is it for perfs ?