[rules-users] Score curruption exception in drools-planner-5.4.0.CR1

Nurlan Rakhimzhanov nurlan.rakhimzhanov at gmail.com
Tue May 15 00:39:34 EDT 2012

On 15 May 2012 00:30, Christopher Dolan <christopher.dolan at avid.com> wrote:

> I may be way off track, but I saw score corruption like yours in two cases:
>
> 1) broken .equals()/.hashCode() method.
> I had a couple of model classes that accidentally looked at mutable data
> in their .equals() and .hashCode() methods. When these were applied as the
> cause of the constraint, the revert action then failed to find the
> constraint because the removed instance wasn't .equals() to the inserted
> instance. I solved this by reverting to Object.equals() and
> Object.hashCode().

I don't think that problem with .equals() or .hashCode() methods, because
this is 1st, and 2nd my each planning entity has al least unique <b>id</b>.

> 2) broken variable assignment in aggregate predicates (
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-3482)
> This is fixed in 5.4.0.Final.
> If your rules use collect() or accumulate() with a complicated first
> argument to either, then Drools becomes confused about which variable to
> assign the value to. In most cases, this results in a ClassCastException.
> But in some cases where the facts happened to be the same class, you ended
> up with the wrong fact assigned as the cause of the constraint.

yes, I'm using accumulate(), but not in this
rule(wxGroupChildClassesInSamePeriodWithDiffLessons) and I've switched to
5.4.Final version, same problem....

Regards,
Nurlan Rakhimzhanov