[rules-users] Drools 5.4 Jitting Error

Mario Fusco mario.fusco at gmail.com
Thu May 17 12:30:49 EDT 2012

In Drools 5.4 we added an optimization that JITs constraints (i.e. compile
them in bytecode) after they have been evaluated for a given amount of times
(currently 20). Moreover it is not true that constraints' evaluations is
made in threads different from the main one. Instead it is that jitting
process mentioned above that is performed in a different threads, so until
the optimized version of the constraint isn't ready, the main thread isn't
blocked but can continue to use the non-jitted one. The error you are
experiencing is generated during the optimization process and that is why
you see it happens in different thread.

I will try to reproduce the issue you found just now.
Thank you for reporting this.

Mario