[rules-users] Guvnor - support for custom file extensions

anchi harijana at ovi.com
Mon May 21 08:46:38 EDT 2012

Just a feedback if somebody will need to add custom extensions.
This was our requirement: We have custom extensions for BPMN2 diagrams and
we needed Guvnor to include our diagrams when building a package. There were
just a few small changes required to achieve it:

-registering extensions in org.drools.guvnor.client.common.AssetFormats
-change
org.drools.guvnor.client.common.AssetFormats.convertAssetFormatToResourceType(..)
-register content handler in contenthandler.properties
-minor chnages in org.drools.guvnor.server.contenthandler.drools.
BPMN2ProcessHandler.storeAssetContent(..)

And that is it! :)
This will only affect package builder. Assets will still appear under "Other
assets" category when listing all package assets. I haven't explored how to
change this. Also it is useful to register default editor for your assets
(in this case that would be BPMN2 editor) in asseteditors.xml.