[rules-users] Drools Fusion: expiration

Matteo Cusmai cusmaimatteo at gmail.com
Mon May 28 09:13:00 EDT 2012

Hi all,
i have noticed a strange behavior, but i am not sure that i depend on
drools or depend by my bad knowledge of it.
I am using drools fusion and i have a lot of classes with role event. I
have put them the expiration value to 5 minutes.
>From my understanding, if i use explicit expiration, as i do, when it pass
5 minutes and that event is out of scope of all my rules, that event is
deleted.
But, i noticed that the last event hasn't retracted after 5 minutes and
this behavior makes the system no stable, because it works differently
after some minutes.

If i don't use explicit expiration, the system seems to work fine, so i am
however happy, but i would like to understand the issue.
Thanks a lot,
Matteo.