[rules-users] Best practice to use heap memory effectively

mohan mohan.narangoda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 05:05:16 EDT 2012

Hi ,
I want to keep events valid for 24 hour period. Per day I’m getting over
1000K events & insert into session. I saw that heap usage increase
drastically because of this. What is the best practice to handle such a
situation? Do I need to choose some caching mechanism?

Meantime I’m using “Statefulknowledge” session and use single session to
cater each event & never call session.dispose(). Will there be any impact?
I’m using Drool 5.1.1, jboss-5.1.0.GA, jre 1.6.0_33

Thanks.
Mohan